Saturday, November 1, 2008















Just something to share......
A few months ago Kevin and Iworked on an adoption book for Abby. We have some lovely pictures of China and wanted to do something with them. What better way to do it than to put them to a story!
We took pictures from our first weeks together and pictures that the orphanage gave us and made Abby her very own journey book from birth to forever family. We made it 30 pages, just enough and told her story. She loves it! We read it all the time and it helps her understand about her adoption. We have always talked to Abby about how she became our daughter and this helps her tell it to whom ever she wishes. It's also nice to get cozy with her and read it together, it always brings me back..... but the most beautiful thing is seeing her read it on her own, mostly by memory, but still she picks it up daily and thumbs through the pages. I HIGHLY recommend doing this for your adopted child. It has brought beautiful feelings here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this book!! You did such an amazing job! It's beautiful! I'm sure it's something that AbbyLIz will treasure for ever! What a great way to share her story with her! She had a wonderful story! I love you guys!

chaniemom said...

Can you tell me how you made this book?

Maci Miller said...

It's a beautiful book! Did you do it through Mac or order it? I have seen (on someone else's blog) a company that does this called Book My Blog. They did a great job also. Wondering what other options are out there.

Kat said...

For those of you interested, we made her book on Shutterfly.com. We thought the prices were very reasonable for what we got. It looks just like a "book store" book and our pictures look awesome in it. It was super easy to down load pictures to and easy to make it our own.
I also used them for Chinese New Year cards last year!
Kathleen

(I am not affiliated with Shutterfly in anyway! Just a happy customer!)