Saturday, January 17, 2009

Easy bake oven, done like a pro!














These pictures were taken a few weeks ago when Abby was still off from school. Her Godmother gave her an easy bake for Christmas! We had a great evening together baking her cake. She did so good! It is amazing what you can cook with a 100 w light bulb! Her first was a yellow cake with Chocolate frosting. Since then we have made chocolate cake, sugar cookies and another yellow cake. What fun! I do not remember actually having this toy as a girl, but it was fun at my age too! Abby was very worried about making a mess, finally I just through some flour around the kitchen and told her to chill!
Like I said, this was just a few weeks ago. Boy, have things changed! We now have a boy too! My mind is wondering all over the place, which is normal.............I know. Suddenly this adoption is feeling a lot like the first one did. I am soo anxious to bring our boy home and be a happy family of 4. Abby has been such a trooper through all of this, I don't want her to have to wait any longer. Adoption has taught me patience, unfortunately it is teaching her patience as well (at a young age). She has such a great spirit. She talks about him everyday, says a prayer for him to be safe every night. I cannot wait for her to meet him. Her wish will come true, as mine did almost 5 years ago when I met her. She has changed our lives in so many positive ways. I hope her brother is all she hopes for. She already loves him so much.

No comments: