Monday, January 12, 2009

Our beautiful boy!!!!!











Introducing...........our son! Shaun Henry!!!
I cannot explain the cloud I am on right now, it is more like disbelief.........somebody pinch me!
At 2pm today I had just arrived home form getting groceries when I looked at my cell phone to see if it needed to be charged. Well, to my surprise, a messege from HOLT!!! So I put the groceries away while Kev got on the phone. Thinking that we just needed to update something......... Kevin asked for Suzie and after saying Hello, he said "REALLY". I knew just by looking at him that this was not a call about paperwork adjustments, this was THE CALL. I listened in stillness and watched my husband try to take in what she was saying..........then he said 9 months...............OH MY GOOODNESS! IT IS THE CALL............
We really did not expect this now, but are thrilled. Abby has a baby brother, we have our son! He is living with a foster family near Bangkok Thailand and was born on April 6th (Aunt sharon and cousin Anneka's birthdays!) He was released on June 26th (the day we left for China in 2004) by his birthmother. He lived with his Maternal grandmother for his first 2 months.
As you can see from the pictures taken on August 28th that he looks great! Happy and healthy. He does have a few minor skin irritations that we don't feel will be a major issue in the future.
He looks great to us, we love him already!
So............this is what this blog is about! Our family Journey to Shaun! It feels like it is just the beginning.





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, he is just perfect... is it my imagination or does he have Abby's mouth?? Guess you were caught a little off guard... so now how long before travel???

Carol & family

Karrie said...

I KNEW THE CALL WOULD COME BEFORE VALENTINES DAY! Thank you GOD!
Shaun in GORGEOUS! He is going to look great in his baseball cap Mamma! CONGRATULATIONS, IT's A BOY!

Lynn said...

Joe, Caroline and I are thrilled and excited. Caroline said, "awww, he is one cute little baby, Mom:)" She also said we should come over and see him, so I have a bit more explaining to do:))

Way to go! Congratultions Kevin, Kathleen, and Abby!

Glen and Andrea said...

Congratulations! I just recently found your blog, good timing for me =)

We just travelled to Thailand in April to get our beautiful boy.

I can't wait to follow your trip.

Andrea from New Zealand

Chris and Terri said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable and what a great smile! How nice of him to come early!!!

Terri

Karen said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable!

JiLL said...

wow, amazing news! Yay!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! How wonderful.

Hannah said...

Congrats - I saw your post on the list serv! What great news and what a great way to kick off the year!

Robin and Kyle said...

Congratulations!!!
He's gorgeous! Best wishes for a speedy TA!

rosemary said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy! How fantastic too to get a referral before you were expecting it. That's the absolute best news you can hope for!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely gorgeous.

Buy mayby you shouldn´t tell som much about him over the web? One day he might want to choose for himself to whom he wants to tell the details of his childhood?
Just at thouhgt...:)

Best wishes

Lille skutt from Finland