Friday, May 2, 2008

Grandpa Hank..................my Dad!

This is a picture of me and my Dad from LONG LONG AGO..............

Today I cannot help but think of him and what a great man and father he was. It was 6 years ago that he was suffering badly from Dementia. Kevin and I were living in Indiana. Because my Dad was staying with my sister, I always knew how he was doing. Fortunately, I made the decision to go to NY and be with my Dad, my sister said that it might be time.

At 7 am, on May 2ND 2002, with all his children by his side, my Dad passed away. I am so grateful to have been there to be with him. It was the hardest thing I have EVER gone through, but it is a wonderful memory, if that makes any sense at all. I had 5 great days with my Dad before he left us, days I cherish dearly.

I am writing about this on our blog for one reason. To thank my Dad. It was at his funeral that Kevin and I decided we wanted a family, NO MATTER HOW. It was the site of family, the love, the togetherness that gave us strength to move forward...............on May 3rd 2004, 2 years and one day after my Dad was gone, we got our "CALL" for Abby Liz.

I love you Dad, I miss you Dad................and Abby Liz knows you! Thank you for the strength, you raised me well. Thank you for those last few days...............

Moya droga yacha cohem! ( I love you!)

Your daughter, Kathleen

No comments: