Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baby Bottle Fundraising!

This week we started our "baby bottle" fundraiser for our trip to Thailand. Did you know you can send a baby bottle in the mail? Well, pretty much everyone we know an address for will be getting one this week or next. We have little time to come up with all the money needed to bring Shaun home, so we are thinking creatively!
Our hope are for friends and family members to take some time and fill them with spare change. Once it is full it can be sent back to us (with the coins transferred to bills). We know that we have so much support to bring Shaun home, and we hope people will spread our prayer to have the money needed to do so. We have a few other things going on as well. A friend is donating money from her Avon business and we plan on having a Guest Griller at Kevins place in late spring. I am hoping to have a table at the local flea market to sell my jewelry on my free weekends. And having a HUGE garage Sale. My new motto..........."if we don't use it, we don't need it!"
We have had MANY doors close on our Journey to our son. Once upon a time we thought he was in Mongolia and we rushed through the paperwork and costs with hopes that our son would be home soon. In the beginning of 2008 we had to fight the battle to find our son. The additional costs in Changing Countries meant nothing to us if it meant a son for us, a brother for Abby, and another amazing adoption.
So now, we see his little face, dream of his laughter, wonder how his little soul will change our lives forever. I want nothing more than to hold him, feel him and be his Mommy forever and ever. I know Kevin is very anxious. We both know that once we have him, we will be the complete family of our dreams.
And we will know it was all worth it!

5 comments:

Sue & Tom said...

You two are such great parents and have so much love to give that you should have many children. Unfortunately, government beaurocracy will prevent that, since it costs 20-30 thousand dollars to adopt one child. I notice that you have had almost 4 thousand visitors to this site. Wouldn't it be great if each one gave just $1 to help bring Shaun home? I don't know how that could be done, but I do know that wealth should not be a requirement for parenthood. We love you guys and pray for your efforts to be successful.
Mom

Alie Joy said...

That's such a wonderful idea!! I hate how expensive it is to adopt a child, it's truly not fair to the children!
Please send us a baby bottle to collect money for you guys!!!! I'll save all my tip money and see what my preschoolers can do to help out too!!!! Anything to bring another nephew into the McMahon Clan!!!!! We love you guys!!!!

Mireille said...

I feel so strongly that it shouldn't be a money question to give another child a chance to be with a forever family. However, the mail system is really bad here in SA. So mail me your address privatly on my email and when I am in the USA next month to get my citizenship I will mail you some Baby bottle funds...I promise! mdijkstra @ telkomsa.net (without the spaces)

Tara Atchison said...

Hi! So neat to read your adoption story. I came across your blog by doing a search for adoption baby bottle fundraising. I am wondering where you got your baby bottles from and if you had to put much $ out of pocket? My husband and I were hoping to do this fundraiser, but can't seem to figure out how to get bottles for very low cost or donated to us. If you could help us out in this area I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Tara Atchison said...

I came across your blog by doing a search for baby bottle fundraising and it was great to read your adoption story. I was wondering if you could send me some info about where you got your bottles from and if you had to pay much $ out of pocket? My husband and I would like to do this fundraiser but are having some difficulty figuring out if this is cost effective. Any help you can provide will be much appreciate. Feel free to read about our adoption journey thus far at www.atchisonadoption.blogspot.com

Thanks!