Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Let's play baby!

So, for about a week now, Abby has been dragging "baby Sally" around with her. Feeding her, giving her a nap, changing her into Jammies at night etc...... nothing unusual for a little girl expecting a baby into the family soon...............right?


Well, yesterday she started with the "let's play adopt a baby". Oh---------Kay........

So, she sets up her computer laptop on a small table with a stool for herself. She has her babies lined up in between chairs out of sight. She says, "sit down" (on the floor) and "what kind of baby would you like?" "we have mostly girls but just one boy" -----Very professional for a 5 year old!

I tell her I am a new Mommy, I would like a girl...............then she just flings one my way!(literally)...... I ask if she needs anything from me and she says..................."just your credit card"

At this point I am wondering, " What have we done to this child.................."

I then ask again, "do you need anything else" and she just looked at me weird. I told her that "I needed to promise to be her Mommy forever and to love and care for her".....

She said.....................OH-yeah, that too........

I asked her if she knew anything about my baby, she said it was half Thai, half Chinese.....and a girl.


HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM.....................


Then we switched, did it all over again. But my version....

For a while she has been telling us she is going to adopt 6 children. 5 girls from China and a boy from Thailand. She even has names for them all. I would not be surprised if Miss Abby Liz runs her own agency someday!

3 comments:

rosemary said...

I loved reading this! I have heard a lot of moms say that "story play" is a really interesting stage in their kid's development. It's cool that you're getting to have these moments with her. Thanks for sharing!

cheyenneandalison said...

Oh Abby!!!! I love how your mind works!!!!
I'm sure she's going to grow up to do great and wonderful things!!! She's too precious!!! I love you so much AbbyLIz!!!!

Mireille said...

Very recognisable this story, too funny!!