Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring time in Ohio









As you can see, our grass is starting to look greener! Abby and I have been cleaning out all the flower beds around the yard. It can really be a lot of work. It amazes me how many leaves we still have. Kev and I spent many hours bagging them or burning them last fall.
Today was about 50, not a good day for me to be diggin in dirt. But I did take a peek around the yard and everything looks pretty good for this time of the year. I did a lot of transplanting last year so I have been a bit stressed wondering what --if anything would come back. So far so good! Just waiting on that darn butterfly bush! My clemetis is ready to start taking off, I love my clemetis! I am adding the "Henri " this year to my yard!
The tulips should be lovely in a few weeks! cannot wait.......................come on 70's

3 comments:

Chris and Terri said...

Oh, I love those little specs of green popping up everywhere. I was trying to remember the timeline on the tulips. It's a short life. Last year only a couple of mine bloomed - it snowed on them the year before - was not very happy with that. They are coming up though so I'm hopeful.

No news - it's spring break week here so we're trying to just stay busy. I can't believe you don't have an update. What's with that????

rosemary said...

Tulips are my favorite flower! They always mean spring to me.

Mireille said...

I miss the seasons, all that nice and fresh green. We have seasons here in SA, but not like in the US. the differences are not that strong. Great work in the garden, looks pretty!!