Monday, June 29, 2009

Abby's Pearl

Abby's Pearl
When we were in China adopting Abby we stopped at a pearl shop to buy souvenirs for Abby. On the top of our list were a nice set of pearl to give to her on her wedding day. It was a fun experience, one I will never forget. I picked up MANY strands of pearls in China, just about for everyone I knew. We were given a gift for Abby by the pearl store and this weekend we
finally opened it.
Preserved in a can for at least the past 5 years. We have been wondering how bad it must stink!
Actually....it doesn't smell that bad...........even came with a little knife to pry it open!

Wow....Beautiful!



Secure in it's heart cage forever! Abby loves it!



She must have looked at it for hours yesterday. What a great way to celebrate 5 years!




1 comment:

Chris and Terri said...

How great is that?

And thanks for the reminder! I had planned to buy some gifts of jewelry for Mia while we're in Thailand. I need to make a list!!!