Saturday, June 20, 2009

Getting it all ready....to go!

Learning from the first time around................
I have no idea exactly what size my child is going to be when he is placed in our arms forever. I had no idea with Abby either, but it didn't stop me from buying everything in sight that "I thought" we needed. I ended up not using a lot of it! She was bigger than expected and we were first time parents! I wound up giving a lot of it away, or returning it once we settled at home. I know now that it is pointless to over-indulge in shopping for my little guys before we get him home. It does make you feel good, but it really is just a waste of time and $$$$.
So............I have tried VERY HARD to control myself. I know that Shaun will be handed to us with everything he needs, not just the outfit on his back. We will donate new clothes to the HSF to replace the things they used for Shaun's care.
Abby and I have purchased a few things we could not pass by, but most things we will bring with the intention of forwarding them on to the foundation.
Baseball Jammie's to match his room decor.....a must!
Varied size summer clothes


For our time at the pool! What size feet will he have??????? (they were $2 a pair!)


Usable items to be packed for Thailand


Start of our packing pile. I am also not stressing over the customary gifts......
I am purchasing "easy" travel items and moving on......





No comments: