Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Thursday in Thailand

Well, I was awaken at 3:30 this morning by a hungry Shaun, he took his bottle on his mattress on the floor, then crawled up on the bed and cuddled with Mommy the rest of the evening. :) That, I will never forget. What a gift, after such a tough day yesterday.

Today has been a bit better. He seems to be adjusting to us more, with lots more baby babble, walking more steps and being his curious self. (he loves to flush the toilet!) He HAS started calling me Mama.....wish is such a wonderful feeling. Kev and I have worked together today to get him use to the both of us. When he is interested in me, Kev steps away for a bit and lets us have that time together. It seems to have helped a bit, but I can tell he is still grieving. I have actually held him more today, he is such a wiggly guy when he sees Dad, but we have stayed patient and he is doing much better with me. Thank you all so much for the wonderful thoughts.......................

Today we ventured out to the Kings Royal Palace by way of the river. Words can not describe just how breath taking this place is. I felt so at piece there and actually started to cry when I was kneeling in front of the Jade Buddha. Emotions got the best of me here, but I think it was needed......i feel much better tonight.

We did the US Embassy thing this morning but will not get Shaun's visa until tomorrow. That is all we have planned as we are a bit exhausted from the week and have to be at the airport at 2 am Saturday morning.

Our hotel has not been great..............I will not get into it on here but for the price and the hype....not worth it. I have never stayed anywhere so chaotic and noisy at all ours of the day and night. Most of the guests are from mid-eastern countries and truly have no respect for other guests, the staff or each other. It has really made these moments harder in so many ways.

On the other side, Thai people are the most warm and friendliest I have ever met. I would love to come back here someday for a holiday................and stay somewhere else!

Well, I am going to try to post some pics later using Dad's laptop. Hopefully it will work because we have some amazing pictures from today at the palace. Even a few of the Jade Buddha (which photos are not permitted).....gotta love the zoom!


We are about to have Italian with Dad and Janet, so I better say good bye!

Love to you all.....K

3 comments:

rosemary said...

So wonderful that you are already getting to share some special moments with Shaun! Sending loving thoughts to all of you for a peaceful transition.

Lynn said...

I'm so glad to hear he woke up hungry. That is such a good sign. Maybe he's already transitioning to US time! Thailand is beautiful. I'd go back with you:) You're coming home soon! Yay!

Chris and Terri said...

Sweet! I hope each day has great moments like the snuggle one!