Saturday, March 1, 2008

Abby's Gotcha Moment

Being an adoptive Mom already, I know what this process is like, atleast I think I do. One day we will get a call, then a picture, then we start packing, then one day we have a baby. The prgnancy is the "wait" and the labor is the plane ride and it lasts up until you have what you went for.....your child! The the "wait" is all worth it. Nothing else matters............not the "pregnancy" not the "labor" ................a pure joy comes!

I am reminded of this because tonight my daughter asked to watch "her movie" ! It is her movie of the day we met in China. It is special to her, as it is to us. As I watched it, I did not cry, like I always seem to do.............I learned from it!

As I watched her being handed to Kevin..........I remebered the joy! You see, back then, I doubted it too! I just could not believe someone was going to HAND us a baby. Well.................they did!!!! And I REMEMBER!

So enjoy Abby's Gotcha moment again! I just love seeing that smile she gave us! I really don't think she has stopped smiling since! PURE JOY!

K

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,

Oh my gosh...we are are 14 months into our adoption process...waiting to bring our daughter home from Thailand...and well, I don't think I've cried at all in those 14 months...well your video put me over the edge...I bawled! What an amazing remembrance!

Amy H.

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,
My husband and I are starting the whole process on our adventure to Thailand and I am soaking in as much of everyone's experiences as possible. This gotcha moment was so beautiful and moving. I write this through tears of awe and excitment for all of us! Good luck to you and your beautiful family!
Nancy B

Anonymous said...

My husband and I just came home a few months ago with our 4 year old little girl. I linked to your blog from the Thai Adopt site to watch your video. My little girl noticed and wanted to watch it several times. After the last time she said, "You came to get me too." She also said, "Mommie, that baby is so cute!"

Precious! We're praying as you continue the process for your son.

Rachel W.

Anonymous said...

This blog is FABULOUS Kat!! I Love it!!! You're so talented! I miss you!
Love,
Alison

Kat said...

Thank you ! We DO love this special moment and we love to share it. Many people have seen Abby's gotcha moment, byt mostly close friends and family. But not all family and friends. I am glad I posted it. Watching on here even gives ME encouragement and strength to find our son.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Kat,

I am glad you have this to share with everyone, it does give hope when the wait seems like it will never end. I am glad I got to be there with you to experience it. My girls still love watching it,

Carol Ann