Friday, March 14, 2008

The IKEA experience!

This week we had a major event in West Chester, Ohio. IKEA opened it's new 39,000 square foot store just 10 minutes from our neighborhood. It has been the talk of "our town" which has been nice. With all the talk about "recession" it's good to see our community growing. IKEA worked well with the town of West Chester to do major road improvements and IKEA has already donated to local charities. They say people have been known to drive up to 200 miles to visit an IKEA store and today I found out why!..........

An UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!!!! It was a bit of a "thrill". The drive there was like driving to the NY State Fair, people out in Pancho's directing traffic, moving cars everywhere. Buses and limos dropping people off. A bit crazy for 12:30 in the afternoon.
When I got inside, I was a bit confused. Once I got my map, my pencil and a friendly gesture to head up the escalator, I was just fine. The entire top floor is a show room, or show "rooms" from Kitchens to offices. It was really neat seeing how all their products work together. Now mind you, it isn't high end stuff, It's affordable ..............
The bottom floor is the "market place". Everything that you saw upstairs, now all out for sale. On the way to the registers to check out you first go through a large room similar to like a Sam's Club filled with all their "flat box" items.

I had a $100 limit, and I did just fine!

$94.50 at IKEA can get you:

1 coffee table
1 side table
1 lamp
1 lamp shade
1 6x4 area rug
1 2pk cutting boards
4 candle holders
1 pk. tea light candles
3 ceramic planters (for our deck)
1 re-useable IKEA shopping bag (59cents)

With Abby at school this afternoon, I was able to just take my time. I know I did not see everything and I look forward to going again. I didn't have the time to check out the food court, I heard the swedish meatballs are delish! This store is an attraction, I look forward to taking friends and family there when they come to visit. It was an experience...............

K


No comments: