Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just my thoughts!

The internet has been such a useful tool during our adoptions, not only can we get ANY kind of information about our childs birth country, but we also "cyber" meet fellow adoptive parents and share our desires for another child.

During our paperchase and wait for Mongolia, I met a wonderful Mom in Florida. She is married and has 2 older biological daughters. They adopted a little boy a few years back from Korea and WERE planning on adopting another boy from Mongolia. We sent emails back and forth and even communicated with each other through gift packages using snail mail. She has proven to be a blessing to me as I know SHE and her family know exactly what we are going through. We support each other........................Adoption Buddies!

Once we heard of Mongolia's changes, we went in seperate directions in continuing our adoptions. They chose Taiwan and it sounded like it was all going to work out well for them. After e-mailing this friend last night, I got some heartbreaking news from her. Although she sounded OK, I had to shed a few tears for her and her family. Taiwan just recently changed their policies, they no longer qualify to adopt there......................so sad.

I say she sounded OK, because they have new plans. I guess you could call it "PLAN C". They will search for a child waiting, and go from there. I pray that they find their son, that their little boy soon, someday has a little brother..................

I write this because, to us, this is the reality of adoption as we see it now. It does not take just 2 to create a family through adoption. It takes EVERYTHING. It takes phone calls to social workers and government agencies. It takes money. It takes opening up your life to be "judged" by others. In cases like these, it consumes you. Once you feel in your heart that another child has a place, you fight as hard as you can to find him. My Buddy is a fighter..........................she and her family give me stregnth. THANK YOU!

She knows who she is, so I am not mentioning her name on here! But I will tell you that meeting her via Mongolian Adoption was a blessing, one I hope to cherish the rest of my life. If we were taken in that direction, only for us to meet, that is enough. It was all worth it.

Thank you Buddy! I cherish you!

Kathleen

No comments: