Saturday, March 29, 2008

A walk through the garden.....






Today was nice enough outside to start cleaning up the flower beds. Most of the leaves were taken care of last fall so not much clean up this year! A far cry from our first spring here. I look back to then and realize much we have done in 3 years. It's fun, being outside working on the yard. We look forward to doing it again and again! I take care of the flowers, the lawn is all Kevin. Abby enjoys her swing set (borrowed from a neighbor) and digging in the dirt. She's going to be a good gardener, I can tell. She has patience and knows things take time as well as care. We are currently growing some seedlings inside. Carrots, Eda Mame, sunflowers and chives. We also have a "head" of crest seeds starting. Abby made a funny face on a baby food jar and says, "when it grows, I can give it a hair cut!".


I took a few pictures of our "signs of spring". Cannot wait to start seeing some leaves on our trees. Maybe in a few weeks.


I wonder how many times the lawn will need to be mowed this year? Last year we mowed only 10 times. We were so dry nothing grew! Our grass is green today, neighbor just mowed. (we both get a chuckle about how tidy our neighbors yard is. When we first oved in, we thought, ya like them................but realistically, who has the time? Or money? We must get 10 calls a week about mowing or servicing. I honestly tell them that my yard looking greener than my neighbors is not our priority, please take me off your call list!


But, I'm looking forward to another season of it!


K



No comments: