Friday, March 28, 2008

Home study approved ......again! :)

Well, a big day for us! We got word from our Social Worker that our home study has been approved by Holt for the Thailand program. Gosh....what-a-relief......we knew we would be! She said that she mailed out 4 fresh notarized copies to us today! We should have all documents in hand by tomorrow,with the exception of documentation from Holt that should be on it's way to us now that they have seen and approved the home study. So here we go......hopefully by next week I will be traveling to Columbus for state certification. Then we will send it to NY for Thai Authentication...........

......it's really just too much at this point. I remember the relief we felt last August when we finalized our dossier for Mongolia. It felt like weight off our shoulders. Since then, we have experience that tells us it ain't over yet............but we'll try to stay hopeful.

Out our kitchen windows we can see a neighbors side yard very well. We don't know then, but see the dad and son play baseball almost every week. The other day they were out and I noticed Kevin watching them. I could see in his eyes what he was thinking about.....our son. Sure enough, not 2 hours later he was playing ball with Abby in our yard. It was so nice seeing and listening to them together, him teaching her, her telling him she KNOWS the rules (typical 4 1/2 year old!). ...... It makes for a great memory!


What I took from that was Thankfulness....Thank God we have Abby. The time was just right for her. Because of that, I have faith in the timing now. I am pretty sure Shaun will be with us by Christmas 2010....................it's not that far off! (hey, I am trying to be positive!)

Does anyone watch the Apprentice? Well, the cowboy, I am blanking on his name.....anyways, last night he sang a song called "you're gonna miss this". I am NOT a country fan, but I will try downloading that song. It really touched me. From feelings of being a little girl, to being me, today. It made me think of my Dad too, which was a great feeling. Anyways, I wish I remembered his name now, but I am actually a fan............ahhhh Trace Adkins?? Am I right? Well, don't tell anyone, but I like THIS country song! SHHHHHH

Kathleen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kat,
We are praying that you are able to bring your precious little boy home soon! I can't wait to have another nephew!!!! Now they'll be 2 nephews in our family!!!!

Kat said...

Alison,

Abby and I found an old scrap book this morning. It had pictures of you at Eric and Michelles wedding. You were such a little girl. I then told Abby the story about how you kids stole my shoes that one day! The pics brought back alot of memeories. It proves there was "life" before AbbyLiz!

(hard for her to understand that!)

Kat

Lieve en ço said...

Hey,

we are a family from Belgium, we like your website. We are gathering dossier for Thailand too this month... We have a beautifull girl from Jianqxi province (adopted july 2006, born june 2005) and a beautifull bio-girl (age 10).
We do not have a Blog in English, but for pictures www.wels.be/ayla

Fam. Wels, Belgium