Thursday, March 6, 2008

What to do.....what to do.....



When I actually think of all the things that need to be done, other than the essential paperwork, I get a bit stressed. I do know that it will be a long while before our Thailand baby (toddler) will be in our home, but when I add everything up in my head, it's kinda scary!


Since we were originally thinking that our some was going to some from Mongolia, and could be up to three years old, there is not much we have done to prepare. Now I think about itty-bitty girl toys that are ALL over the house, we are going to have to teach Abby that things like for etc. "polly pocket" pieces CANNOT be left around for a toddler to put in his mouth. There is also the CONSTANT dispaly of crafts on our dining room table, gliiter glue, child scissors and all kinds of beads and odds and ends................we are going to have to figure out alternatives to Abby's crafting space!


The extra bedroom is slowly being changed. Daddy likes baseball and we all think the room will turn out great. We are taking our time with it, enjoying it. Abby has been picking out things for it and soon it will be painted. Then it will sit for a while. Once we know how old our child is, we can get to work. We do still have Abby's crib, so if he is young, we will use that with boyish bedding. If he is old enough, we will probably get him a twin bed. I am curently searching for a used dresser for him. When we waited for Abby, I refinished a dresser from my parents house. It was fun to do and Abby is still using it today. I like knowing a piece of something I grew up with is in her room. I wish I had something from the past to add to Shauns room. Maybe something will pop up?!


We are also trying to refinish our guest bath on a budget! The entire thing needs to be gutted, but the funds are not there. We have decided to take it one thing at a time, knowing eventually it will get done. Kevin replaced the 80's vanity light a few weeks ago, what a differance! He also changed the faucet, knowing we will be changing out the sink and cabinet soon. Abby likes the faucet! the old one was so difficult for even me to use, so having it changed was a nessecity for her to wash up on her own. We have the sink/cabinet picked out, and the tile floor. We are hoping to have the shower/tub refinished at a better price then having a new one installed. We are also chaging out our light switches through out the house along with replacing all the outlets. All are very old and are original to the house. Changing them alone, makes our home "look" newer.


Soon, I say this with High Hopes! We will be moving to the outside! Our yard is large and we have some work to do out there too! Hopefully we can take some time this summer to give our shed an overhaul. It is our only outside embarrassment, but it was inherited with the house. If we give it a couple coats of paint and replace the missing shingles, it should look OK. We will have to trim up some of our trees this year. I love our trees, but one, maybe two need to go. We have an apple tree in the back that looks like it might run away, the original owners newer staked it right, so it has grown funny. We did try trimming it up a few years ago, but honestly it needs to just go! It does not supply us with great apples, so I am not that sad about it. We aslo have a "christmas" tree in our front yard. When we moved in, Abby was taller, but now it is getting huge and we do not want it blocking the house. We wish we had moved it our first year here, but now it is just too big to move. That WILL be coming down this year.


We are most looking forward to our flowers! We are starting to see our tulips and 'dills popping up! I love to work in the garden, so I cannot wait to start mulching. As you probable guessed, I have already started planning. I am taking on a special project this year, it's our walk-out, we call it our "garden cranny". It could be really nice, so along with my morning glory growing all over the canopy, I'd like to spruce it up a bit. Make it something special.


Today, we shopped for a birthday party...............Abby just wanted evrything in the store. She made it out with a gift for her friend and 2 things for her! A balloon helicopter toy and a bead necklace kit! Is she spoiled or what?


What to do now?


K
The pictures above are from Last April and May. I have been looking at garden pictures, mainly to remember what plants are where. Funny how I can forget in just a short time..........










No comments: